Processing of personal data
The protection of personal data is very important to us. We respect your privacy and ensure that we always treat your personal data confidentially and in accordance with the applicable privacy legislation. We work with a third party that meets the legal privacy and security requirements. That party is Stichting OPEN, the producer collective in the Netherlands. For example, they arrange payments and receivables to and from producers. If we pass on your details to Stichting OPEN, we will communicate this to you verbally and in writing.
Purposes of processing
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- execution of the agreement(s) concluded with you
- conducting the administration and other activities of internal management
- calculating, recording and collecting or paying out amounts due, including forwarding claims or payments to Stichting OPEN
- to be able to contact you and respond to your questions
- processing the contact form you have completed on our website
- improving our website and services
- providing access to systems associated with our services, such as our e-waste collection portals
We retain personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose for which the personal data was collected. In doing so, we take into account that we:
- need to be able to answer your questions or solve possible problems;
- can deal with complaints and protect data.
This means we retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data is no longer needed, we will safely delete it. We may process data for statistical purposes, in which case the data is anonymised.
Security of personal data
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing: proper instructions to all employees, encryption of data, encrypted communication, password policy and handling data as confidential.
Our privacy statement is based on GDPR legislation.